You are a dab hand at general household DIY and maintenance and want to combine that with a season in the Alps. The work is varied and you get to travel around our different resorts as well as enjoy all the benefits of working a ski season. You must have a proven minimum of 2 consecutive years professional driving experience (can be 2 winter and 2 summer seasons) and a maximum of 3 valid (active) penalty points on your driving license. You must be a confident driver.
Additional Desirable Experience
- Carpentry, construction or other trade experience related to property management
- Winter chalet, summer villa or private yacht experience and/or at least 2 years commercial work experience
- Customer service and/or hospitality experience
- Van or minibus driving experience
- Basic French a bonus
- Proactively liaise with Senior Management, Resort Managers and Chalet Hosts on a daily basis across all resorts to keep abreast of maintenance issues arising.
- Attend to maintenance issues using your own initiative in an organised and timely manner to ensure the enjoyment of the guests’ holiday is not affected.
- Report any issues you cannot deal with which require a qualified tradesperson (plumber/electrician) as quickly as possible to the Resort Manager. Where possible, liaise directly with tradespeople and obtain quotes for essential work to be carried out.
Driver duties as required
- Carry out airport transfers up to twice weekly as required. Help with luggage and on occasions show guests to their rooms.
- Provide morning and afternoon shuttles to/from the slopes as required. Provide a one way after dinner shuttle to town as required.
We expect our team to ‘go the extra mile’ and have a ‘nothing is too much trouble’ attitude and we believe in empowering you to take ownership of your chalets. That’s a lot of trust! We expect you to hard work to ensure our high standards are met and maintained, being Ambassadors for the company and ensuring that our guests have an amazing holiday.
Are you…Outgoing? Approachable? Confident? Resourceful? Dynamic? Efficient? Quick? Professional? Friendly? Proactive? Happy?
We are at the forefront of complying with French working regulations and offer you a fantastic deal in return for your hard work. In fact seasonnaire life has never been so good, so come and be part of the team!
In line with French working regulations, we are offering on a French contract:
- A 39 hour working week = an unprecedented amount of free/ski time!
- 2 days off per week (which may be 1 full day and 2 half days)
- Holiday pay (approx. 10% of gross pay)
We also offer:
- A generous contribution towards return travel costs on successful completion of the season on the date desired by the company. Airport transfers are provided free of charge. This is subject to the satisfactory return of guest and staff accommodation and vehicles for drivers, ski tech’s and maintenance at the end of season.
- The opportunity to rent good quality subsidised accommodation based on a maximum of 3 sharing (& no bunks!) paid in instalments
- Rental of a substantially discounted season Lift Pass paid in 4 monthly instalments
- Free food and uniform
- Free use of company ski/board equipment
- Free Medical Insurance for UK nationals or Carte Neige for Eu (non UK) nationals
- Free use of linen, towels and self-service laundry
- Free WIFI
You must have (and be able to prove you have) the following:
- EU passport OR be already in possession of a French Working Visa
- EU Social Security number OR UK National Insurance number which has been valid for at least 12 months prior to employment OR French Working Visa for full term of employment
- EU/UK based Bank Account
- EU/UK permanent registered address or addresses for at least 12 months prior to employment
In addition to the above you must be:
- 23 years of age or older (for Insurance reasons)
- Have a maximum of 3 valid (active) penalty points on driving license
- Must be a confident driver
- Have an EU Licence OR UK Licence or UK/EU issued International Driving Permit (IDP)
All offers of employment are also subject to our ability to employ you in France and two satisfactory work references.
Please email a clear and concise CV along with a Cover letter or email highlighting why you think you are the best candidate for the job, as well as a recent photo and your Date of Birth.