Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beach Club resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
Our Spas provide an additional touch of luxury to our resorts and allow our guests to indulge in some well-deserved ‘me’ time. As a qualified sports massage therapist (or equivalent), You’ll promote the Neilson relax, restore & revive philosophy that our guests have got to know and love.
We’re looking for experienced therapists who are be able to manipulate muscles and soft tissues with skill to help our guests either to simply relax, to treat a sports injury, or maybe to provide relief to individuals with long-term health conditions.
You’ll be passionate about providing excellent treatments, ensuring that your clients leave feeling on top of the world and enthusiastic to perhaps book again during their stay.
You’ll work closely with your team to ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day operation, maximise treatments and retail sales, to exceed set financial targets, and to provide a high level of customer satisfaction with our spa product.
You’ll be working with products provided by the luxury brand, Temple Spa. You’ll be given thorough product support/training to ensure that both you and your team are always able to deliver excellent treatments that complement your professional and personable approach.
If you’re a brilliant therapist looking for a fantastic change of scenery, there could be a place for you on our team!
We’re always looking for friendly, enthusiastic, and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease, always giving our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Working with the luxury brand, Temple Spa, you will be given all the knowledge and product training to deliver an outstanding treatment to complement your professional and personable approach.
- Upsell treatments and retail to maximise spa sales
- To ensure that all spa and beauty bookings are made in the most effective and productive manner in order to maximise treatment opportunities
- Perform all treatments to a high standard as set during training
- To be well presented and proud to wear the Neilson spa uniform
- Actively maintain a good knowledge of all spa services and products
- Attending spa training sessions and regularly refresh your knowledge using the provided manuals
- To ensure that all agreed targets regarding Key Performance Indicators are achieved
- To ensure that the spa and other outlets are presented beautifully
- Ensure all standard operating procedures as detailed in the manual are followed accordingly
- Follow all Health & Safety procedures and instructions accordingly to ensure a safe spa and hotel
- To actively report any issues relating to the operation and additional ideas for improvements to your line manager
- Always seek direct feedback from our guests and report feedback to managers
- Display excellent customer service, support and awareness at all times
- Demonstrate an excellent, overall knowledge of Neilson products to advise and cross-sell to our guests
- Assist the management with stock levels by adhering to all usage guidelines set during training
- To ensure the correct handling and security of retail and professional stock
- Ensure the proper use of the spa POS system
- To build rapport and develop and maintain positive working relationships with the spa team, management, and all other team members
- To carry out all other duties to assist with the smooth running of overseas operations as designated by your line Manager
Personal Skills, Knowledge, experience & Qualities:
It is essential to be confident and charismatic. As one of our Massage Therapists, you will enjoy building positive, rapport with our guests and bringing the additional WOW factor to our spa experience.
- To be approachable, confident, knowledgeable, with excellent appearance and personal grooming
- Organised, hardworking, honest, flexible, energetic, self-motivated, target orientated and keen to display a consistently high standard of service
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
Technical Skills or Knowledge:Essential:
- Basic understanding of computer systems such as word, excel, email
- Capable of learning new programs and procedures quickly and accurately
- Computer literate with a basic knowledge of Word, Excel, Email
Qualifications & Training:
- Sports Massage Qualification or equivalent (Essential)
- Anatomy and Physiology Qualification or equivalent
- BETEC in massage therapy, sports therapy and Hot Stone Therapy or equivalent
- Experience with Reflexology, HOPI ear candles and Reiki would be highly desirable
- Work Experience – Sales: 0 – 1 Year (Desirable)
- Work Experience – Practical: 1 – 2 Years
- A valid UK/ EU work permit: Required
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Previous work experience overseas (Desirable)