The Ski Club of Great Britain is the UK's leading membership organisation for recreational snowsports enthusiasts. We have two opportunities available to join the Member Services team, from September. We are seeking eloquent and personable individuals with a passion for skiing/snowboarding to update the Ski Club snow reports, write the snow overview and process Ski Club memberships, including associated Ski Club travel insurance products. The successful candidates will have experience of working in a customer service role, and must be able to display a confident and professional approach to their duties. Experience of working with travel insurance is desired.
• Ensuring the snow reports are accurately updated and sent out to clients and members on time each week day morning and afternoon.
• Writing snow reports and the snow overview of snow conditions throughout the world twice weekly during the summer reporting season.
• Rotational weekend work to ensure the Leader snow reports are updated every day of the season.
• Contact the Leaders on Leader reporting days to obtain missing report information.
• Write a comprehensive, twice weekly overview of snow conditions throughout the world which needs to be completed on time and sent out to clients and staff.
• Ensure member and prospective member calls are dealt with in a friendly yet professional manner to provide a one-stop-shop that can handle the majority of calls regarding membership, information, Ski Club products and services including Ski Club Travel insurance and related products.
• Explain the benefits of Ski Club Platinum membership, including advising on the insurance cover, medical screening and upgrade options, ensuring we meet compliance and operate within our approved recommender status.
Proactively follow up on payment from members whose membership is due for renewal.
• Reply to email queries promptly and forward incoming emails to the relevant departments, to meet or exceed business targets.
• Tailor calls to best match the needs of the member or prospective member, adding to the value in that person being a member of the Club.
• Maintain the Ski Club webcam links on the site.
• Support the Head of Member Services (HoMS) and Membership Manager on an outbound call programme to encourage lapsed members to renew.
• Support HoMS and Membership Manager on an outbound call programme to improve engagement of new members to the Club.
• Support HoMS in fulfilling avalanche transceiver rental scheme requirements.
• Work at and assist with Ski Club member events.
• Assisting the Member Services and other departments in additional tasks as required.
• Work on ad hoc projects when required as directed by Membership Manager or HoMS.
• Degree level, with experience of working in customer service/sales.
• Snowsports experience/knowledge.
• Strong administration skills with good attention to detail.
• Proficient in using MS Office programs, especially Word and Excel
• Good written and spoken communication skills.
• Worked a ski season.
• Foreign language skills.
• Experience of advising on travel insurance products.
This role will require some travel in the UK.
Please note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted