NANNIES FULL TIME AND PART TIME REQUIRED TO JOIN OUR TEAM
An exciting opportunity to combine your love of working with children with fun time in the snow. Jelly and Ice Cream is the leading nanny agency in the French Alps providing childcare in the form of private nannies and babysitting services day and night. You must be passionate and highly experienced with supporting references for the winter 2017/18 season!
Brief job description
The nanny will work wherever the family is based (hotel/chalet/apartment) and will be responsible for all tasks related to the care of the children, serving as a loving, nurturing and trustworthy companion. Duties include:
· Having sole/shared responsibility for the child/children during stipulated hours
· Ensuring their safety and wellbeing at all times
· Devising a structured day with stimulating activities providing for them cognitively and physically.
· Creating a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for the children
· Supervising the children’s activities at all times
· Planning and preparing meals and bottles for, and feeding, the children
· Dressing the children
· Placing the children down for naps and bedtime
· Bathing the children
· Changing nappies and supporting potty / toilet training
· Performing housework related to child care, including washing the children’s clothes if soiled, cleaning up after meals, tidying play areas, and washing bottles
· Playing with the children, both indoors and outdoors
· Supervising ski school when required
Being a nanny can involve evening babysitting alongside daytime care. During peak season you’ll generally be working full-time but are guaranteed one day off per week. During the off-peak weeks hours can fluctuate depending on how busy the resort is, meaning there’s more free time to brush up on your skiing.
· To work as a Nanny, you must hold relevant qualifications or have at least one year’s experience.
· You will be expected to have baby experience and be able to work with sole charge of babies and toddlers upwards.
· Languages are desirable.
· Police check done within the last 12 months.
· First Aid Certificate completed within the last 2 years.
· UK National Insurance number (not a temporary one).
· UK bank account.
· EU passport or valid UK working VISA (We do not accept French visas.)
· Available to work throughout the contract from the beginning of December 2017 to early May 2018