3 months ago
University of Phoenix LPN to BSN Nursing Program is seeking to hire a community-centric Nursing Faculty to join our staff full time and become part of our team at the Lone Tree, CO Campus. This position is accountable for the overall instructional and academic excellence of the LPN to BSN nursing program and is charged with ensuring the quality and integrity of the program(s).
We offer comprehensive benefits, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation, sick and holiday pay, tuition assistance, continuing education opportunities, SIGN ON BONUS, and additional compensation for teaching beyond the required number of courses.
To learn more about the School of Nursing, please visit
* Teach up to five (5) courses a year
* Prepare course syllabi and grade assignments.
* Attend all monthly program meetings and serve as chairperson of one committee.
* Attend College of Nursing monthly teleconference meetings
* Attend four (4) Content Area Meetings (CAM) and 2 General Faculty Meetings each year
* Attend the College of Nursing meetings in Phoenix
* Participate in Simulation Lab, Skills Lab, and tutoring sessions
* Provide a minimum of four (4) hours each week to meet with clinical faculty
* Hold weekly office hours for a minimum of four (4) hours for students
* Develop Remediation Plans for students
* Work collaboratively with administrators, faculty, and other Team members
* Maintain professional competency as required by Board of Registered Nursing
* Faculty Responsible for developing policies and procedures, planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating all aspects of the program
* Demonstrate exceptional teaching practices as identified by the Faculty Handbook and University administration
* Researches instructional strategies to inform continuous improvement in the student experience
* Uses a variety of communication methods to support students learning needs.
* Implements instructional strategies appropriate for the learner and content, differentiating instruction to meet diverse learner needs. Uses student data to remediate and scaffold development
* As needed, engages with appropriate administrators to support the student experience and to ensure student needs are being addressed
* Effectively uses a mentor/coach approach to build productive educational relationships with students.
* Applies flexibility and creativity in meeting student needs, ensuring availability to students as needed, based on the learning environment and according to University policy and instructional standards
* Engages in professional development activities to maintain currency in educational research, trends and best practices
* Maintains active involvement in academic discipline, such as participation in professional organizations, academic conferences, and/or community service
* Engages in regular self-assessment and reflection to increase the quality of instruction.
* Doctorate Degree in Nursing or related field REQUIRED from a nationally accredited program.
* Master's Degree in Nursing REQUIRED
* An active unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Colorado or compact state
* At least three (3) years of continuous full-time direct care experience working in Med/Surg within the last five (5) years.
* At least one (1) year of teaching at the BSN level or above and/or the completion of a post-baccalaureate course in teaching Registered Nursing.
* Experience teaching diverse adult learner populations
* Able to demonstrate a high level of problem solving and decision making abilities to respond to student issues and concerns, evaluate students for potential barriers to retention, assess student work and abilities and to facilitate the learning experience.
* Able to be self-motivated and have proven the ability to work independently managing multiple priorities and tasks for to deliver required results efficiently and effectively.
* Able to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies, including students, faculty, employees, and external parties leveraging oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to convey a professional image, as well as effectively represent the organization as appropriate in its relationship with the community
Demonstrate students Degree Attend is level LPN BACH_a33d1a
20 days ago
only 6 months until close
7 days ago
only 10 days until close
about 1 month ago
only 3 months until close
12 days ago
only 14 days until close