The Overseas Operation Manager role will involve overseeing resort operations as a whole, including but not limited to logistics, vehicle and transfer-day operations, service quality within chalets, resort expenditure, back of house processes/systems, alternative resort revenue potential (eg ski packs), staff management and guest welfare.
Acting as part of the senior overseas management team:
This role will initially be based in the Putney Office to enable the successful Overseas Operation Manager applicant to fully understand their responsibilities before taking on a general management role in our French Office, working as part of the seasonal management team. A key role with the main objective to facilitate the smooth running of the French and Austrian Chalet Operation in the resorts of Val d'Isere, Courchevel, Meribel and St Anton.
Term: Contract - Proposed Start 18th September 2017 (TBC)
London Hours (Sept-Oct): 5 days per week (9.00-17.30)
Winter Months (Nov-Apr):6 days per week (Le Praz office hours)
Holiday: 15 days including UK bank holidays (date restrictive in winter months)
Winter Benefits: 3V Ski Pass / Ski Insurance / Use of Company vehicle for work purposes, Seasonal Accommodation in Le Praz
Reporting To: Nikos Vekios, Operations Director (UK based)
The successful applicant will be...
- An experienced operational manager preferably within the travel sector
- A strong staff manager with motivational skills in a challenging environment
- Fluent in French with a good understanding of German useful
- Flexible to deal with a large variety of operational issues, on occasion dealing with multi-faceted problem solving in what can sometimes be a high-pressure environment
- Organised with a head for figures and good computer literacy
- A strong people facing person when dealing diplomatically with suppliers, guests and team members alike
- Holder of a full European driving license with experience of driving in Europe
- An EU passport holder with UK NI Number
Main Duties will include...
- Shadowing Operations Director
- Administrative, Logistical and Operational tasks necessary for season preparation
- Helping Properties & Supplier Executive with Store-Room Management, Inventories and Property paperwork
- Assisting with Pre-Season Maintenance Plans where applicable
- Participate in Senior Resort staff recruitment
- Ensuring company standards are upheld in all chalets at all times, working closely with the team in checking the PW Product is being delivered to guests and in line with our H&S guidelines
- General problem solving including guest issues which cannot be handled by the Resort Manager and overseeing staff issues in resort where necessary
- Overseeing procurement & shopping for both resorts and central store-room stocks
- Manifest management, guest welfare and reviewing complaints, taking corrective action in response to guest feedback where needed
- Vehicle upkeep and responsibility for company fleet, overseeing movement of vehicles and running the Powder Shuttle & Third Party Supplier weekly transfer schedule
- Working closely with the Company Accountant and Operations Director in overseeing Central, Resort and Chalets' Expenditure
- Allocating various weekly budgets, ensuring these figures are worked to and implementing action plans in cases of overspend
Stores & Logistics:
- Ensuring beginning of season allocations are planned appropriately and allocated to their respective properties/resort store.
- Overseeing Central & Resort Stores, collating stock-take information, ensuring all stores are fully equipped with Chalet items and Consumables as necessary
- PW Asset Stock Management through coordinating movements in and out of the Company’s central store in Bourg, St. Maurice
- Manage the supply chain of centrally ordered and delivered consumables such as wine & champagne, toiletries, etc. ensuring the resorts are adequately (but not over-) stocked at all times.
- Facilitate end of season stores' closure and ensure these are all fully inventorised
Staff Management, Recruitment and Training:
- Working closely with Resort Management on staff performance and management, advising on disciplinary action where necessary
- Providing advice and help to Resort Management and Chalet Staff – managing and motivating the teams to ensure staff retention and performance
- Overseeing the weekly staff rota's
- In-season resort staff recruitment, including interviewing, to ensure sufficient staffing levels – working together with the Ops & HR Executive in the UK
- Assisting with preparation, and thereafter delivery of, the comprehensive pre-season Training Programme and accompanying guide material
This role is currently intended on a contract basis between September 2017 & April 2018. The role of Overseas Operations Manager could progress to a career building permanent role based on performance and potential growth of The Company.