About Mark Warner
Mark Warner specialise in superb activity holidays to top ski resorts in Europe and beautiful beach locations in the Mediterranean. Our holidays are perfect for everyone from families, singles or couples to groups of friends.
Who We Are
With over 40 years’ experience we have grown into one of the most highly regarded independent travel companies in the UK. We have received numerous accolades and are very proud to have recently been voted “Best Ski Company, Best Activities and Sports Company”.
We continue to be market leaders for family holidays and each year employ over 800 staff to work in our overseas resorts. With 50,000 clients travelling with us across our summer and winter programmes we see an incredible 40% rebook future holidays. Much of our success is attributed to the high quality of our staff and their dedication to outstanding customer service.
About the Role
We are actively seeking a Recruitment Consultant to manage the Recruitment of Chefs, Bookkeepers and Customer Service. You will be responsible for attracting candidates through social media and other platforms of advertising. You will be responsible for attracting and retaining candidates for the future.
Reporting to the HR and Recruitment Manager this crucial role offers the opportunity to be fully involved in monitoring trends of the job market and analysing recruitment data available, putting suggestions available for improvement.
- Review the content of adverts and update language tone to attract the correct calibre of candidates
- To put forward new ideas for attracting high calibre, professional and qualified staff.
- Recommend changes to the advertising and look at the return of investment on each advertising campaigns.
- To build relationships with colleges and universities weekly calls /emails/ sending marketing material.
- To review and update job descriptions when necessary.
- To screen and respond to applications within required time frame.
- To interview applicants following the guidelines of the department SOP.
- To respond to applicants after they have attended an interview within required time frame.
- To recruit high calibre, professional and qualified staff.
- To accurately enter all required data into HR data base for successful applicants.
- To ensure that resorts are fully recruited before the start of the season.
- To obtain all required employment documents and verify employee’s file before the employee travels to resort.
- To ensure that all necessary procedures are completed for employees to comply with European Employment legislation, under the guidance of the HR and Recruitment Manager.
- To provide employees with contract pack and required documents before departure to resort.
- To liaise with the Flights Department and provide accurate requested flight information for employees.
- To place employees in the best suited resorts.
- To liaise with the Hotel Manager about staff levels/requirements before and during the season.
- To maintain regular correspondence with employees before departure to resort.
- To maintain regular communication with candidates who have been placed on the reserve list.
- To ensure any staff movement is updated on the HR data base and on the recruitment board.
- To visit resort and interview staff for forthcoming seasonal employment. To also obtain feedback from staff about current season and liaise with the HR and Recruitment Manager.
- To review staff facilities/benefits in resort and report feedback to the HR and Recruitment Manager.
- To lease with the HR and Recruitment Manager and Hotel Manager about internal development and progression opportunities for all staff.
- To read, acknowledge and highlight employee appraisal feedback to the HR and Recruitment Manager and Hotel Manager.
- To carry out exit interviews feedback to the HR and Recruitment Manager.
- Complete employee engagement surveys after the completion of each season to analyse employee trends and data.
- To assist the HR and Recruitment Manager and with key department projects.
- To immediately inform the HR and Recruitment Manager about any disciplinary/grievance and medical issues relating to resort staff.
- To assist the HR and Recruitment Manager in dealing with staff grievance and disciplinary issues as and when requested.
- To provide administrative support to the HR and Recruitment Manager when required.
- To put forward suggestions to the HR and Recruitment Manager for improving department operations where possible.
- To assist resort staff training as and when required.
- To archive employee files at the end of each season.
Abilities and Skills
- Recruitment and Job Interviewing Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Basic Project Management Skills
- Negotiating Experience
- Hard working
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills – excel, power point, word & outlook
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Confident and professional with a calm friendly demeanor
- Organised, self-starter
- Previous experience of Chef Recruitment or passion for catering
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Use of social media business tools and running paid for campaigns
- Previous experience in catering
- UK/EU Passport holder
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday per annum (inclusive of UK Bank Holidays)/increasing with length of service
- Season ticket loan after 1 year of service
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday concessions for friends and family
- Comprehensive internal training/opportunity to attend external relevant to job role courses