Ski Beat are a successful, family friendly, catered chalet company with 30 years' experience. Our reputation for providing excellent customer service is first class, and our warm, home-from-home welcome is unrivalled.
The Resort Manager role with Ski Beat is a challenging one. You will be leading your team from training until season close down, with close support from your Area Manager and the Alpine office team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a company in the Alps that cares not only about its customers, but also the staff that work for them.
We are looking for someone who can get the most out of a team, while demonstrating flexibility, resourcefulness and an ability to work on their own initiative. The work is tough, but great fun and really rewarding professionally and personally.
The position runs from mid November 2018 to late April/early May 2019.
Reporting directly to your Area Manager, your role will be to manage and be responsible for guests, staff and operations in your resort and to ensure the Ski Beat guidelines are followed.
- Ensure all Ski Beat services are provided as described to guests.
- Meet procedures and standards set out in the staff manual, including Health & Safety and Hygiene standards, in your resort.
- Management, training and motivation of staff.
- Drive team to reach a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Maximise profit in resort and keep expenditure to a minimum.
- Resolve in resort maintenance issues quickly and effectively with support of maintenance staff and outside suppliers if necessary.
- Accurate accounting of sales and safe keeping of all monies collected for services provided with timely payments to suppliers and banking of surplus funds.
- Support and liaise regularly with the Alpine office team and other Managers.
Key Specific Duties
- Pre-season set up, including training, chalet appraisal, guest information and Après Ski programme.
- Coordinate chalet requirements (e.g. shopping delivery, wine ordering, laundry collection and delivery, purchase of replacement items).
- Visit all guests weekly and complete online reporting, and proactively deal with any issues to prevent escalation. In larger resorts, coordinate with Rep to ensure all guests visited.
- Sales of ski hire, ski school and lift passes. Liaise with local suppliers to ensure the best provision of these. Support guests at ski shop on arrival in resort.
- Plan, organise and implement an après ski programme. In larger resorts support the Ski Beat Rep in this.
- Complete all necessary paperwork, including reconciliation, accounts for chalets and resort expenditure.
- Train and motivate staff to host and clean to Ski Beat standards. Be prepared to lead by example and step in to work in chalets when necessary.
- Ongoing management of staff, including running weekly meetings, dealing with grievances or disciplinary issues and transfer of information.
- Keep on top of maintenance issues, including vehicle maintenance where relevant.
- Look after injured guests helping them to deal with their insurance company and ensuring they have everything they need.
- Organising resort closedown including completing end of season reporting.
Please note that this job description is purely intended to give you an idea of what your work involves and is not intended to be a precise breakdown of your duties.
We are looking for enthusiastic and hardworking individuals with the following skills:
- A friendly and helpful manner.
- Ability to manage your time effectively.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Patience and a sense of humour.
- An ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- The capacity to work well under pressure.
- Willingness to put guests' needs first.
- An eye for detail.
- An aptitude for problem solving.
- First rate timekeeping.
- A practical, hands-on approach.
- A neat and well groomed appearance at all times.
- Numeracy skills and IT literate (Microsoft Office and Google Docs).
- An EU passport and a permanent UK National Insurance Number / Irish PPS Number.
You will have the following experience:
- Winter seasonal work experience is essential.
- Managing a team.
- Previous and relevant Customer Service experience.
- Working in the Chalet industry.
- Position of responsibility held for a minimum of six months.
The following experience is preferable:
- Good level of spoken French.
- Proven sales experience.
- Drivers licence (in relevant resorts).
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary plus holiday pay (paid monthly into your UK or Irish bank account):
- Basic Salary £230 per week
- End of Season Bonus £90 per week
- Loyalty Bonus for returning staff £100 per week plus additional £10 per week for third or subsequent seasons
- Experience Bonus £50 per week for qualifying candidates joining from other ski companies
- Good quality, private accommodation in resort (where available).
- Ski hire, full-area season lift pass and lots of opportunity to hit the slopes.
- Discounted ski holidays for family and friends.
- Comprehensive winter sports and laptop insurance.
- Transport from the UK or Ireland to and from the French Alps.
- Four weeks pre-season training (including Lean Six Sigma) plus exceptional ongoing support from our Area Managers and our local French office team.
- The freedom to apply your skills and experience with a high level of autonomy.
- Opportunity to grow your career within Ski Beat and the Topflight Travel Group in France, UK, Italy and Ireland.
- Ski Beat pay for all staff to complete a Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene course (valid for two years from completion).