about 1 month ago
Job Title: Residential Gap Student (two positions available)
Location: Lindfield, West Sussex, RH1
Position: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: Monday 5th June 2017
The school is a co-educational independent preparatory school offering both day and weekly boarding education for children aged 2 - 13 years, in a caring Christian family atmosphere.
The school is looking to recruit two Residential Gap Students on a fixed term contract from 04/09/2017 to 06/07/2018.
Prep School Duties;
- Classroom support
- Break time supervision duty
- Assisting with school events or trips (including residential trips away from school)
- Assisting with after school events including parents' evenings and plays where necessary
- Assisting in sports, including fixtures against other schools
- Fully support the extra-curricular life of the School, which is likely to involve leading sports teams, leadership activities and clubs
- Assisting with general office duties eg. Assisting with mail outs, filing, photocopying, shredding etc.
- Assisting with morning and afternoon Registration
- To help with the general running of the Boarding Department.
- To help take responsibility for boarders under the direction of the Head of Boarding.
- To help with the domestic side of boarding life
- Participate in the general day to day activities of the school as a whole and undertake a share of the staff duties. All staff are expected to attend, Open Days and Training days as required by the Headmaster.
- Assist in various sections of the school as guided by gap Coordinator
- Be available for some weekend and evening commitments
- Eat all meals with the children as available.
- Reflect the school's ethos when dealing with parents, children and the local community.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment and flexibility, contributing to the wider curriculum through games and activities and the life of the community as appropriate
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children in the School.
- Have a good standard of education to include GCSE Maths and English grade C or above
- Have good IT skills
- Be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Be able to work as part of a team and be approachable, friendly and cheerful
- Empathy with the spiritual life of the School.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all of their staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS and to register with the update service.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
IMPORTANT: Please read this information carefully.
Candidates with experience of; Graduate, Gap Year, Trainee, Junior, Education, Teaching Assistant, Learning Support Worker, Assistant Teacher, LSA, LSW, Learning Support Assistant, Teaching Support Assistant, SEN Support, Teaching Assistant, SEN Assistant, Learning Difficulties, SEN Teacher, Support Worker, Learning Assistant will be considered for this role.
2 months ago
only 2 months until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close