Are you great with people? Are you great at managing and improving standards? Do you have a head for numbers? Do you have something special about you that makes you a leader?
Our Resort Managers play a leading role in managing catering and housekeeping standards which are the key factors creating guest satisfaction. Naturally, you will be great with our guests and staff, approachable, professional and happy in your work.
We train you well but you must have what it takes!
We currently have a position available for a Resort Manager in Tignes looking after 4 chalets, 11 staff and three vehicles. Like all of our positions the role requires complete flexibility and team work and a variety of different skills.
This is a very varied role requiring a great deal of initiative and organisational skills. We are looking for people who have previous season experience, ideally in a chalet environment, and have a good understanding of MS office and be a competent user of social media. A good understanding of French is advantageous. Driving will invariably be a part of your duties and therefore you will need to have held a full driving licence for at least five years.
Required experience and key qualities needed
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Excellent logistical, planning and organisational skills
- Be an excellent problem solver with exceptional customer service experience
- Previous catering experience
Duties will vary according to the skills of the Resort Management team and could include any of the following
- Completing all Company reports/paperwork accurately and on time
- Ensuring Chalet/Resort accounts and paperwork are completed and to include accurate weekly accounting returns to include chalet budgets and petty cash
- Dealing with customer complaints as and when required
- Assist the directors with staff training at the beginning and throughout the season. This may include helping to put together a training plan for the start of the season and ensuring that any staff training needs throughout the season are met.
- Looking after the welfare, motivation and discipline of resort staff alongside the senior resort manager
- Supervising and assisting the senior resort manager in coordinating all resort staff
- Ensuring all staff accommodations are safe and conduct inspections to ensure they being kept up to standard and well maintained - complying with all health and safety standards
- Ensure outstanding customer service and guest satisfaction
- Visiting chalets on a regular basis to ensure all guests are content
- Maximising in-resort sales to include lift passes, ski school, ski hire and apres ski
- Helping guests to organise ski passes, ski school, ski hire etc
- Chalet hygiene and catering checks to ensure all chalets are operating to a snow chateaux standard
- Ensuring all chalets are safe - complying with all health and safety standards
- Alongside the senior resort manager you will be responsible for opening and shutting down chalets and resort ensuring that all chalets are fully operational and snow chateaux standards are being adhered to.
- In-resort driving where necessary
- Assisting in chalets with cooking, cleaning, washing up and providing advice on all aspects of chalet service if needed to cover
- Maintain and develop good relations within resort with all existing and new supplier and owner contacts
- In all cases the position will require you to assist the senior resort manager in any duties that may be necessary in resort
Benefits of working for us
- Competitive salary
- End of season bonus subject to satisfactory performance
- Being part of a valued team
- Full area ski pass
- Travel to and from UK at start and end of season
To apply please send us a copy of your CV along with a covering letter telling us about you.