Due to family issues Ski Beat have last minute opportunity for an experienced Resort Manager used to working with and in chalets if this is you - read on.
Ski Beat are a successful, family friendly, catered chalet company with 30 years’ experience. Our reputation for providing excellent customer service is first class, and our warm, home-from-home welcome is unrivalled.
The Resort Manager Role with Ski Beat is a challenging one. You will be leading your team from training until season close down, with close support from your Area Manager and the Alpine office team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a company in the Alps that cares not only about its customers but also the staff that work for them.
We are looking for someone who can get the most out of a team, while demonstrating flexibility, resourcefulness and an ability to work on their own initiative. The work is tough, but great fun and really rewarding professionally and personally.
Due to our high rate of returning staff and our policy of promoting within the company we only have a position due to a change of circumstances for the amazing resort of Val d'Isere with it's traditional but vibrant feel and skiing over into Tignes - interested in a great resort with a great company - then read on and apply....
Reporting directly to our Area Manager, your role will be to manage and be responsible for staff and operations in your resort and to ensure the Ski Beat guidelines are followed.
- Ensure all Ski Beat services are provided as described to guests.
- Meet procedures & standards set out in the staff manuals, including Health & Safety and Hygiene standards, in your resort.
- Management, training and motivation of staff.
- Drive team to reach a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Maximise profit in resort and keep expenditure to a minimum.
- Resolve in resort maintenance issues quickly and effectively with support of maintenance man and outside suppliers if necessary.
- Accurate accounting of sales and safe keeping of all monies collected for services provided with timely payments to suppliers and banking of surplus funds.
- Support and liaise regularly with the Overseas Management team.
Key Specific Duties
- Pre-season set up, including training, chalet appraisal, guest information and Après Ski programme.
- Co-ordinate chalet requirements (e.g. shopping delivery, wine ordering, laundry collection and delivery, purchase of replacement items).
- Visit all guests weekly and complete online reporting, and deal with any issues. In larger resorts co-ordinate visits with Rep to ensure all guests visited.
- Sales of ski packs, ski school bookings, lift pass and support guest at ski shop on arrival.
- Plan, organise and implement a full après ski programme. In larger resorts support the Ski Beat Rep in this.
- Complete all necessary paperwork, including reconciliation, accounts for chalets and resort expenditure
- Train and motivate staff to host and clean to Ski Beat standard. Be prepared to lead by example and step in to work in chalets when necessary.
- Ongoing management of staff, including running weekly meetings, dealing with grievances or disciplinary issues, information transfer.
- Keep on top of maintenance issues, including vehicle maintenance.
- Look after injured guests helping them deal with their insurance company and ensuring they have everything they need.
- Organising resort close down including completing end of season reporting.
Please note that this job description is purely intended to give you an idea of what your work involves and is not intended to be a precise breakdown of your duties.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with the following skills:
- A friendly and helpful manner.
- Ability to manage your time effectively.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Patience and a sense of humour.
- An ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- The capacity to work well under pressure.
- Willingness to put guests' needs first.
- An eye for detail.
- An aptitude for problem solving.
- First rate timekeeping.
- A practical and hands-on approach.
- A neat and well groomed appearance at all times.
- Numeracy skill and IT literate – Word and Excel.
- An EU passport and a permanent UK National Insurance Number / Irish PPS Number.
- Winter seasonal work experience is essential.
- Managing a team.
- Previous and relevant Customer Service experience.
- Working or running a chalet.
- Position of responsibility to have been held for a minimum of 6 months.
- Health & Hygiene qualification.
- Drivers licence (essential in some resorts).
- Good level of spoken French.
- Proven sales experience.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary plus holiday pay (paid monthly into your UK or Irish bank account), loyalty bonus and performance bonus.
- Bonus payable at end of season for each week where level is achieved.
- Good quality, private accommodation in your resort.
- Ski hire, season lift passes and lots of opportunity to hit the slopes.
- Columbia uniform.
- Discounted ski holidays for your family and friends.
- Comprehensive winter sports insurance.
- Transport from the UK or Ireland to and from the French Alps.
- Four weeks pre-season training (including Lean Six Sigma) plus exceptional ongoing support from our Area Managers and our local French team.
- The freedom to apply your skills and experience with a high level of autonomy.
- Opportunity to grow your career within Ski Beat and the Topflight Travel Group in France, UK, Italy and Ireland.