Are you passionate about skiing and mountain life? Are you looking for a job that’s as far away from 9–5 as you can get, a job where you can really make a difference to the customers you come into contact with?
Crystal Ski is the UK and Ireland’s most recommended ski company providing outstanding ski experiences both on and off the mountain. We’re looking for Resort Managers to join our team for the winter season across France, Austria and Italy. You’ll make sure that the service our clients receive is nothing short of exceptional. Managing a team to ensure that they are creating an unforgettable experience from the moment they arrive in the resorts to the moment they depart you’ll be helping to create that special holiday experience that makes them want to return to us year after year.
Your job is to ensure that your team delivers fantastic service from before the customer even travels on holiday. As a Resort Manager, you need to ensure you and your team tailors your approach to suit each customer’s needs. You also need to ensure that the team are trained, developed & supported throughout their season and beyond. A high focus on performance management, staff retention and development is critical.
And it’s not just the customers that are well looked after. We also really look after our team at Crystal offering fantastic career development opportunities that will enable you to carve out a career in a fun and challenging environment.
• Support your team to deliver amazing service and to build their confidence
• Regularly assess & monitor your team, by giving and receiving feedback
• Identify potential talent in your team and help them develop their skills through ongoing training
• Proactively use the technology provided by the company and train the reps to do so in order to continuously deliver excellent service and impress our customers
• Ensure your team has a fantastic experience over the season – deal with staff concerns & manage any conduct & capability issues
• Monitor our operation to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do – put ideas forward to improve service & work with your manager to deliver more than the norm
• Lead by example, motivate and inspire your team
• Monitor your teams pre departure communication so that customers already have the information they need before they travel and can settle quickly into their holiday
• Lead the team to generate info packs that are exciting and engaging to read through the use of their great knowledge
• Work with the team to resolve issues before customers travel to ensure they always get what they have booked or requested
• Build a good relationship with suppliers to provide better service for our customers
• Run the transfer day operation – whether that’s staying in resort to run things, or going to the airport, you will take a lead in delivering a great departure or arrival experience
• Ensure your team deliver personalised welcomes before customers arrive or in person when in resort – assess, support & get involved
• Ensure your teams provide lift passes, equipment, lessons and activities to help customers get the most out of their holiday
• Work with your team to plan the social media activity for the season, use your team to create engaging content for the season – using Twitter & Flickr
• Engage with customers throughout their holiday – wherever they are, you and your team are! Find out what kind of service customers really want and build on this with your team
• Help your team solve customer problems whilst they’re on holiday, & give advice and support in crisis situations so that every customer goes home happy
• Ensure your team provide service of skiing with our customers & show them the best spots around the mountain
• Ensure there is a balanced rota for all your team’s activities and duties
• Ensure all company procedures are followed
• Regularly reviewing online content and monitor accuracy
What we are looking for
You put the customer at the heart of everything you do, have a passion for delivering service, and understand how much having a great holiday means to our customers
• You’re great at working with other people – with enthusiasm! Including every member of staff from office to resort as well as suppliers and customers
•You always take the lead in a team situation; you’re not afraid to take responsibility; you have already led a team in a previous role overseas
• You thrive off developing others and yourself and enjoy seeing your team progress and build a career in travel
• You’re savvy with social media and regularly use Twitter, Facebook, Google hangouts & Skype. You’ve probably got a tablet or smart phone
• You’re chatty and personable – you build rapport quickly with all types of people of all ages
• You have a flair for spotting opportunities to improve service; you can see how engaging content on social media & in our info packs can enhance a customer’s experience
• You take pride in your appearance and role and that of your team and you want to be the best you possibly can be
• You’re passionate about being in the mountains, already ski or board or really want to learn
• You like being challenged and are not afraid to voice your ideas and creativity
• You can bounce back from setbacks and have a “positive” and “bring it on” attitude to life
• You’re unflappable in a crisis, can think on your feet and don’t shy away from dealing with customers and staff in difficult situations
• You’re quick to spot potential problems and are good at working out solutions using your own initiative so everyone ends up happy
Working within the TUI Group
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business operating in around 180 countries worldwide with over 1,800 travel agencies across Europe, six airlines operating more than 130 aircraft, more than 300 Group-owned hotels and resorts and twelve cruise ships. Our 77,000 colleagues, all with a passion for holidays, work hard to deliver our customer promise ”Discover your smile"