We currenty only have positions for Resort Support (which requires strong catering skiils) in La Rosiere.
The Resort Support Team role is essential for the smooth running of our resorts and covers a multitude of roles, from Maintenance and Drivers, to Cooks and Chalet Assistants. This position is for the person who is able to demonstrate a broad range of skills and flexibility, is highly motivated and who relishes variety in their role. These positions let you dip in to all walks of resort life, providing support to chalet hosts whilst helping to ensure our guests have an excellent holiday.
There are a variety of Support Team roles, which include activities such as Driver/Maintenance, running the day to day operations of a chalet, including the catering, assisting and supporting the Resort Manager in transfers to the airport, selling ski packs, organising Après-Ski activities.
We operate a guest shuttle service in the morning and evening but our drivers also support the resort team by carrying out shopping trips, helping move equipment around resort. We also need people who can be called upon should something need fixing.
We look for people with customer contact experience, who like to be part of a team, and are confident to step up to whatever comes along.
Key Specific Duties
Duties are varied, depending on your skill set, but generally include:
- Meet & greet our customers on arrival and ensure smooth running of transfers to and from resort.
- Organise and deliver an informative welcome speech, ensuring that all sales for ski packs and après ski are maximized to achieve and wherever possible exceed targets set.
- Represent the company at the ski rental shop assisting our guests with ski fit on their arrival.
- Visit guests where required and complete online reporting, dealing promptly with any issues that arise in these visits.
- Collecting and distributing ski passes.
- Sharing responsibility for the efficient running of the chalet with the chalet host (see chalet host job description).
- Assisting in the chalet, hosting, serving and preparing meals and keeping the chalet clean at all times.
- Complete running of the chalet when required.
- Participation in the collection and delivery of laundry and general supplies between chalets.
- Keeping access paths and steps to and from the chalets and any other communal steps free of snow and ice at all times.
- Driving the minibus and taking guests from their chalets to the slopes in the morning and return trips in the afternoon.
- Resort maintenance tasks working in liaison with Senior Maintenance Person.
- Shopping trips.
- Cleaning minibus.
- Maintenance of minibus (oil, screen wash etc). Liaise with Resort Manager and local garage for any larger repairs
As part of our overseas team, you will need to be flexible, particularly relevant in this role, adaptable, self-motivated and use your own initiative. You should have excellent communication skills coupled with the capacity of working under pressure.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with the following skills:
- A passion for skiing or snowboarding.
- Team player with aspiration for more responsibility.
- Experience in cooking with an ability to demonstrate menu planning.
- Substantial general household maintenance or experience in a maintenance role.
- Excellent, personable customer service.
- An eye for detail with good organisational skills.
- Relentless energy and a strong desire to succeed.
- For Driver roles, a clean, valid, full driving licence. (With no points for drink driving or dangerous driving).
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary plus holiday pay (paid monthly into your UK or Irish bank account), loyalty bonus and performance bonus.
- Good quality accommodation in your resort and meals.
- Ski hire, season lift passes and lots of opportunity to hit the slopes.
- Columbia uniform.
- Discounted ski holidays for your family and friends.
- Comprehensive winter sports insurance.
- Transport from the UK or Ireland to and from the French Alps.
- Two weeks pre-season training plus exceptional ongoing support from our Resort Managers and our local French team.
- The freedom to apply your skills and experience with a high level of autonomy.
- Opportunity to grow your career within Ski Beat and the Topflight Travel Group in France, UK, Italy and Ireland.