The Peligoni Club is a barefoot-style boutique beach club in Greece, designed for pure relaxation. It’s a members-only retreat for a fun-loving bohemian crowd who want delicious food, creative cocktails, friendly staff and sumptuous settings, but without all the fuss that usually comes with high-end hotels. Peligoni is a sun-drenched home away from home, where our guests kick back, let their hair down and watch the world float by.
Unlike most hotels or beach resorts, our staff are the life and soul of the club. A group of friendly, professional and extremely hard working people, Peligoni staff make our guests’ holiday a memorable experience.
WATERSPORTS AT PELIGONI
Watersports are a huge part of The Peligoni Club experience and our coastal location is designed to ensure that our guests get the best of the beautiful Ionian Sea. Whether it’s wakeboarding, a Ringo ride, or an afternoon of sailing and windsurfing, The Peligoni Club is a perfect place to enjoy a watersports holiday in Greece.
We are looking for enthusiastic sailing and windsurfing instructors to join our team and deliver fun, engaging and safe lessons to guests of all ages and abilities.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
This is the ideal position for someone who is keen to share their passion for the water with guests of all ages and to inspire, motivate and reassure them in order to help them reach their potential. A positive, can-do attitude is essential and as a representative of Peligoni, you need to be professional, polite and always willing to help.
- Provide a high standard of safety and instruction for guests and staff using the beach
- Daily windsurfing and/or dinghy instruction
- Deliver daily progression sessions based on guests’ abilities
- Meet and greet guests in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Cover safety and implement water safety precautions
- Assist with daily maintenance and upkeep of the beach and its equipment
- Work with the rest of the team to run the club’s weekly Regatta
- Provide support to the childcare team, especially when they are carrying out water-based activities.
- Implement and participate in a ‘bad weather’ programme
- When required, participate in evening events at the club
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Passionate watersports and coaching
- Safety conscious
- Fun and outgoing
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- RYA Dinghy OR Windsurfing Instructor (although desirable to have both)
- RYA Senior Dinghy and/or Windsurfing Instructor are desirable
- RYA Powerboat level 2 and RYA Safety Boat
- RYA Multihull, Advanced Dinghy or Racing Instructor endorsements are desirable
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Proven experience of coaching in a watersports centre
- Proven experience of coaching children
- Practical experience of Kayaking and Stand Up Paddleboarding is desirable
- Available for the whole season (May-September)
- UK/EU Passport holder
- A full UK/EU Driving License is desirable