Are you a keen skier or boarder with a real passion for the mountains?
Do you have first-hand knowledge of European or North America ski resorts, strong group sales skills, an excellent telephone manner and a high level of customer service? Want to put your energy and passion for the mountains into your work? Well then this is the job for you!
Come and work for Skiworld, the largest independent ski tour operator, with 35 years of experience under our belt. We pride ourselves on being a fun and vibrant company who can offer great career opportunities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
· Enthusiastic and passionate about creating the right Skiworld experience for our customers. Naturally sociable and a positive contributor to our knowledge base
· A passionate skier/boarder with European and/or North American ski knowledge
· Sales hungry and target driven
· Always one step ahead with up-to-date ski knowledge and highly pro-active
· Motivated and organised
We will offer a competitive salary and incentive package, educational trips and the opportunity to develop and extend your skills and responsibilities.
- Maximise sales (income and passenger numbers) in line with business targets ensuring quick responses to all enquiries calls, high standards of customer care and accurate data entry
- Responsible for making proactive sales calls to clients through effective management of your own pipeline with the objective of re-booking the client and booking enhancements
- Respond to all incoming sales enquiries and reservations with accuracy and speed in line with personal and departmental targets
- Responsible for responding to clients using the online sales dialogue feature through the website in line with company standards and agreed timescales
- Ensuring that all leads are followed up on a daily basis
- Ensure very high standards of customer care when dealing with clients, including ensuring a clear and informative booking trail and anticipating customer needs in advance.
- Ensure processing of emails, cancellations and amendments in line with departmental targets
- Maximise income from sales calls in line with agreed targets, including ski school bookings lift pass and ski hire sales
- Maintain high levels of product knowledge for all programmes, including our chalets, self-catering and hotel accommodation
- Contributing accurate and knowledgeable information on Skiworld’s blog and forums on the website
- Other duties as agreed with the Key Accounts Team Leader
A normal week (5 days) includes Saturday and Sundays. During January/February, this may involve working 6-day weeks. Lieu days are to be taken in agreement with your line manager. Lieu dates cannot be taken between 1st December and 16th February. Shifts will be on a rota basis and spread between 8.30 and 19.30. There will also be nights away from home for promotional events or educationals
- A passion for winter sports
- Excellent telephone manner
- Experience in organising group bookings
- Great communication and customer service skills
- Good organisation, numerical skills & self-motivated
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel & Word
- Attention to detail
- Preferably educated to degree level
- Strong team player able to work within a competitive team
- Previous sales experience
- Previous customer service experience
- First-hand experience of European or North American ski resorts and properties
- Ideally have worked for a tour operator in resort