Ski Amis is an award winning catered chalet company with 20 chalets in the top French resorts of the Three Valleys and Paradiski. We also offer a wide range of self-catered apartments and chalets, along with an airport transfer service and provision of all the additional services required on a ski holiday including ski passes, lessons and equipment rental. We have been successfully operating since 1989 as a family run business in the resorts of La Tania, Les Menuires, La Plagne and Les Arcs with a team of seasonal resort based staff and our head office facility in the UK. Our UK Head Office is located in Maidstone, Kent and employs a small team of permanent managers and staff and we are now offering a number of apprenticeship opportunities across a range of disciplines including finance, business administration, sales and marketing and IT.
Our management trainee and apprenticeship schemes will give you the opportunity to do a “real” job – we expect you to start contributing from your first day, to the best of your ability, and we will give you as much scope and autonomy as you prove you can handle – we believe in encouraging and pushing you to discover what you are capable of achieving. At the same time, we will be there to support you and coach you in your development and your progression in your apprenticeship and your career with us will depend on your commitment and results. Our best and most successful staff are those who joined us at the bottom and have been developed within the business – we are a growing company with ambitious aims for the future – who knows where you will end up or what opportunities there will be in the future?
All the apprenticeship schemes involve a 35 hour working week – and over the course of the apprenticeship 20% of your paid working time will be allocated to training and development which may be weighted differently depending the time of the year (due to seasonal peaks in the business demands) – the training will take place in the workplace, as well as day and block release college attendance, and we expect you to also contribute some of your own time for home study. The training will lead to a formal recognised qualification appropriate for the role and the Company will cover all the costs of the training course. All we need from you is 100% commitment to success – in gaining your qualification and to applying that to achieving your job objectives.
- Finance and Accounting (Management Trainee) – 4 year apprenticeship leading to Level 4 Accounting and Finance (AAT) and the permanent position of Finance Manager, with overall responsibility for the company’s finance function – start date June 2017 or ASAP
- Sales and Marketing (Management Trainee) – 2 year apprenticeship leading to Level 4 Diploma in Digital Marketing and the permanent position of Sales and Marketing Manager, with overall responsibility for the sales team and the company’s marketing activities – start date August 2017
- Business Administration – 2 year apprenticeship leading to Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration and the permanent position of Business Support Coordinator, a pivotal role providing general administration support to the whole management team – start date August 2017
- Sales and Reservations – 2 year apprenticeship leading to Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service and permanent opportunities as Sales Consultants – start date August 2017
- Information Technology – 2 year apprenticeship leading to Level 3 Diploma in Information Technology and the permanent position of IT Support Technician.
- You must have achieved at least 5 subjects in GCSE Grades A to C with at least Grade 5 or "C" for Maths and English - some apprenticeships have higher entry requirements which are detailed on the application website
- For the management level apprenticeships, you will have some additional skills or qualifications - perhaps A level, or a relevant college course, or some work experience.
- You must be very organised, efficient and motivated by results – you will be keen to learn and develop your skills
- You will have good ICT skills and be fast on the keyboard (which will be tested). You may not have necessarily chosen ICT as a GCSE option but you need to have some knowledge of Microsoft Office and in particular Word and Outlook – our business is run by a bespoke Reservations System for which you will be trained but we expect you to know your way around using the internet and general computer use.
- You need to have a confident and chatty personality – but understand the importance of focus and productivity in the workplace
- You will need excellent writing skills and be able to write persuasive and informative replies to enquiries with correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Flexibility is required with working hours as you will be expected to work on a shift system during the winter to cover the opening hours of the office which are 7 days per week - from 09h00 to 21h30 during the week and 10h00 to 18h00 at weekends and bank holidays. You will work a mixture of late and early shifts (most likely one late shift per week from November until March) and weekends and bank holidays are shared between the team on a monthly rota.
- Ideally, you will be a skier or snowboarder yourself to understand what a client needs on their holiday – maybe you’ve been on family ski holidays in chalets or you may have already worked for a gap year season in resort.
Full information on the apprenticeships and management training programme is available on our application microsite - click APPLY to complete your information and go to the site.