SALES CONSULTANT / MANAGER
Start Date: Asap
Job type: Part Time (50-100%)
Hours: Summer hours (09.00-17.00 Monday to Friday)
Winter hours (either 08.00-17.00, or 09.00-18.00 Three days per week. We will accrue 0.5 days p/wk
Location: At your home office or in our Zermatt office
Salary: On request. The position involves three to six days of business related travel each year as well as a competitive salary.
- Responding to telephone and email enquiries in a timely and professional manner (2 hour reply time to emails is our goal).
- Email and telephone chasers to enquiries that have had no response
- Update agents with availability and pricing.
- Update sales platforms with availability and pricing (for example holiday rentals, AirBnB etc)
- Ongoing monitoring of emails to remain fully aware of the global sales picture (including during periods of holiday or when not working time)
- Liaise with concierge and resort team with guests’ requirements and requests.
-Working as your client’s travel PA, you will look after them from the moment they make their initial holiday enquiry, short listing ideas for them, taking them through the booking procedure and ultimately securing the booking. Ensure a comprehensive understanding of all products available in Zermatt to guests (ongoing) and how our concierge records work for each guest.
-Building strong relationships with our guests and travel agents we market through
-Responsible for producing correct invoices, booking forms and setting up damage deposits for our guests and agents, generating the relevant booking paperwork for your client and discussing payment options with them at time of booking.
-Ensuring that booking forms are returned signed and liaising with the accounts team to make sure payment is received on time.
-To make all necessary concierge arrangements for the client, including airport transfers, ski lessons, restaurant reservations, spa treatments etc. To ensure everything is tailored to suit the individual client and that the process is as seamless and efficient as possible.
-To build good relationships with our partner concierge suppliers to guarantee the best service for the client.
-To prepare and send out detailed itineraries that your clients can take with them and to have these ready to email out around 2 weeks prior to their departure (where possible)
-You will also be responsible for following up the clients stay once they return from their holiday and to address any issues and pass on this feedback to The Zermatt Ski Chalets team, and the relevant suppliers.
-To be pro-active in contacting previous clients and encouraging repeat business for the following seasons. To also ensure clients are fully aware we are able to assist with any summer Zermatt holiday requirements.
-You will be required to attend face to face meetings with booking agents, suppliers & relevant related events (which may be outside of standard office hours).
- To take the time to learn and familiarise yourself with our chalet portfolio so that you can best sell to the client.
-To attend and be involved in the organisation of summer and winter FAM trips, to help you further understand the individual properties and services we offer.
-You will also be responsible for the general upkeep of Agent availability and pricing, ensuring properties are up to date and accurate, and adding new properties and pricing where necessary.
- Filing of ALL emails in an efficient manner – please ensure all emails are filed in the correct places as it can cause a lot of extra work if not for other members of the team.
- Adding client details to data-base (more detail is better, name, email, phone, where they have stayed with us and when).
- Amending the client details in the address books when bookings are confirmed and placing them in the correct address book
-You must have the ability to build strong relationships with your clients and have a friendly, approachable and professional manner.
- An understanding of the full package including concierge and how we deal with pre-arrival, damage deposits and guest follow up.
-Ideally you should be educated to degree level or similar. Previous experience in a similar role is preferable but not essential.
-Ideally you will have worked a ski season in resort (either Europe or North America) or have good knowledge of the ski industry.
-Previous experience or knowledge of chalets is necessary.
-You must have impeccable communication skills with a willingness to go that extra mile.
-You need to have exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
-You must work well in a team environment and be motivated to exceed set budget targets.- A second language is desirable