Job Role Summary
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
Along with making sure that the hotel remains secure throughout the night, you will provide general assistance around the hotel whilst also taking care of various administrative tasks and cleaning duties as requested by your line manager.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- To be customer service orientated at all times and encourage direct feedback from our guests
- To develop a positive working relationship within all teams
- Demonstrate an excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson guests
- Conduct regular checks/walkarounds throughout the night
- Respond to any emergencies that occur in a professional and confident manner
- Complete any administrative tasks that have been set by your manager
- Clean all public areas as requested by your manager
- Undertake any kitchen preparation as requested by the Head Chef
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Ski or boarding experience desirable
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
- A full, UK driving license would beneficial, however, this is not essential. For insurance purposes, you would need to be aged 21 or over, ideally with experience of driving in snowy conditions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work alone throughout the night
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well under own initiative and follow written/verbal instructions
- Knowledge of Food Safety & Hygiene
- Knowledge of general health & safety procedures
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual