Based in Cardiff | Salary: £17-20K (depending on experience) plus generous uncapped commission.
Destination Ski is not your average travel agency, we are a passionate and ambitious bunch of ski and snowboard enthusiasts, with a love of the mountains and a desire to help people create and book their perfect ski trip. Outstanding customer service and expertise are at the heart of everything we do, we love to create wonderful customer experiences, and this is reflected in the professionalism and commitment of our award-winning team. We are a small but rapidly growing team, and now is a very exciting time to join the business as we launch our second specialist ski travel brand.
You will spend your days conveying your passion for the mountains to our customers, where you will talk them through their ski holiday in detail, taking great care to understand the customers needs before researching and creating their ideal trip. You will become a true ski specialist and develop an inside knowledge of our resorts. We are looking for a confident salesperson with the ability to work to targets and close a sale, but who equally understands the importance of first class service.
Sell Ski Holidays
- Taking a consultative approach, you will use your ski destination knowledge to advise customers on the best resorts and products for their needs.
- Research and source the best holiday options, this will include comparing our extensive list of suppliers and tailor making packages to meet each customers exact requirements.
- Prepare accurate and detailed quotations and itineraries.
- Process all reservation enquiries from new sales leads in a timely and efficient manner, following the correct procedures.
- Deliver a high conversion rate of enquiries to bookings whilst maximising revenue and profit.
Take Care of our Customers
- Build-up a loyal clientele by managing clients effectively and delivering an unbeatable customer experience.
- Ensure the product sold to our customers and the supporting information is to the highest standard.
Develop Your Knowledge
- Contribute to the research and development of new resorts and destinations.
- Keep in touch with product developments and gain an expert inside knowledge of ski resorts, hotels and travel options.
- Involve yourself in destination training and occasional resort visits.
As with all small teams you’ll be required to be flexible and chip in to help where needed. This may involve extra tasks such as market research, writing blog posts, updating the website and so on; whilst this will keep you on your toes, it is also a great opportunity to gain a diverse range of experience across the wider business.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of at least one of the following ski areas - Three Valleys, Paradiski, Val d’Isere or Tignes. Ideally, you will have worked at least one ski season in any of these areas.
- A keen interest in the ski and snowboard industry with a desire to become a ski expert.
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding targets.
- Enjoy speaking to customers over the phone and have a professional and confident manner.
- Inquisitive and driven with a desire to find the best outcome in every scenario.
- Able to deliver outstanding customer service and exceed customers’ expectations.
- An energetic, can-do attitude with a desire to progress yourself and the business.
- Well organised with impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills with the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
A travel sales background is not essential but would be advantageous.
- 40 hours per week (including evening and weekend work).
What We Offer
- Competitive salary of £17-20k basic (depending on experience) plus generous uncapped commission.
- Private Healthcare.
- Employee Benefit Scheme.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Fantastic working environment in beautifully re-furbished offices in Cardiff city centre (less than a 5-minute walk from central train station).
Please include the following with your application:
- Covering letter which outlines a little bit about you and why you are applying for the role.
- A list of ski resorts visited and in what capacity (i.e. work / holidays etc…).
We regret that we will only be able to reply to shortlisted applicants.