- Are you a strong team leader with proven success in a sales or travel industry role?
- Are you passionate about great service and helping people arrange the perfect ski trip?
- Do you have a good knowledge of the French Alps with a desire to become a true destination expert?
If you can answer yes to all of the above, then we want to hear from you!
Destination Ski is not your average travel agency, we are a passionate and ambitious bunch of ski and snowboard enthusiasts, with a love of the mountains and a desire to help people create and book their perfect ski trip. Outstanding customer service and expertise are at the heart of everything we do, we love to create wonderful customer experiences, and this is reflected in the professionalism and commitment of our award-winning team. We are a small but rapidly growing team, and now is a very exciting time to join the business as we launch our second specialist ski travel brand.
This is a brand-new role, which will provide a fantastic opportunity to showcase your skills and make a real difference to the business. You will lead by example, speaking with customers on a daily basis, creating and selling ski holidays, alongside coaching and developing a small team of ski consultants. There is great potential for career development in this role, and we are really looking for someone who is driven to succeed and would like to make a positive long-term contribution.
Sell Ski Holidays
- Research and source the best holiday deals for clients, this will include dynamically packaging flights, hotels, transfers and ski extras to meet the client’s exact requirements
- Prepare accurate and detailed quotations and itineraries
- Deliver a high conversion rate of enquiries to bookings whilst maximising revenue and profit
- Produce engaging social media posts and offers
Take Care of our Customers
- Build-up a loyal clientele by managing clients effectively and delivering an unbeatable customer experience
- Implement processes to ensure the product sold to our clients and the supporting information is to the highest standard
Inspire Your Team
- Develop and motivate your sales team to meet KPI’s and sales targets
- Ensure you and your team process all reservation enquiries from new sales leads in a timely and efficient manner, following the correct procedures
Develop Your Knowledge
- Be involved in the research and development of new resorts and destinations
- Keep in touch with product developments and gain an expert inside knowledge of ski resorts, hotels and travel options
- Involve yourself in destination training and occasional resort visits
As with all small teams you’ll be required to be flexible and chip in to help out where needed. This may involve extra tasks such as market research, writing blog posts, updating the website and so on; whilst this will keep you on your toes, it is also a great opportunity to gain a diverse range of experience across the wider business.
- A keen interest in the ski and snowboard industry
- Knowledge of French ski resorts, with a desire to build on this and become a destination expert
- Confident leader with the ability to inspire, coach and develop a small team
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding sales targets
- Enjoy speaking to customers over the phone and have a professional and confident manner
- Able to deliver outstanding customer service and exceed customers’ expectations
- Strong commercial acumen and confident in calculating prices and producing reports
- An energetic, can-do attitude with a desire to progress yourself and the business
- Well organised with excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and resilient, with a strong work ethic and the ability to bounce back from setbacks and focus on results
- Ability to work in a small team as well as on own initiative
- Strong IT skills with the ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Fluent English with the ability to write in a professional and engaging manner
- Experience of TARSC would be very beneficial but is not essential
A travel sales background is not essential but would be highly advantageous, as would experience of living and / or working in the French Alps.
- 40 hours per week
- Will include one day at the weekend and some evenings
What We Offer
- Excellent base salary of £22-25k per annum
- Uncapped Commission
- Private Healthcare
- Employee Benefit Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Fantastic working environment in beautifully re-furbished offices in Cardiff city centre (less than a 5-minute walk from central train station)
Please include a covering letter with your application which outlines a little bit about yourself and why you are applying for this role
We regret that we will only be able to reply to shortlisted applicants