About the Role
We are actively seeking Bookkeepers to come work in one of our superb chalet hotels located in top European ski resorts.
You will be responsible for running the day-to-day finances of the hotel whilst providing financial guidance to the Hotel Manager and their Heads of Department. You’ll oversee the accounting and control systems within the hotel and the production of accurate weekly accounts whilst working closely with our central office in France and the Head Accountant in Head Office.
- Develop and support a good relationship with the Hotel Manager/Head Accountant
- Ensure timely and accurate production of the weekly resort accounts
- Reconcile and control the hotels petty cash transactions and transfer relevant details on to Head Accountant/Hotel Manager
- Prepare staff weekly wages summaries. Send wage summaries to Head Office
- Ensure completion payment, holiday pay and commission forms are completed and signed off in a timely and correct manner upon staff leaving employment
- Reconcile and process daily credit card income
- Provide ancillary reconciliations to third parties as required and investigate any discrepancies or queries raised
- Responsible for daily and weekly cash-ups for all area
- Working with the Head Accountant/Hotel Manager to maintain good hotel cash management
- Maintain stock via Stocklink, conduct weekly stock takes with relevant Heads of Department
- Weekly reconciliation of guest room bills with reception
- Ad-hoc accounting projects
- Weekly duty manager shifts
- Provide financial support to all departments including preparation of bar revenue difference reports and ancillary reconciliations
- Provide French Accountant with monthly timesheet for local staff
- Provide Head Office with reconciliations of all cash banked
Abilities and Skills
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Confident and professional
- Organised, self-starter
- Flexible and proactive
- Attention to detail
- Excel competent
- Degree in Maths and/or Finance or at least 2 years’ experience in accounting
- Excellent numerical skills
- Demonstrate a good understanding of basic bookkeeping and double entry methods
- Good eye for detail
Package and Benefits
- Return travel to/from UK
- Medical insurance
- Comfortable accommodation
- All meals
- Discounted drinks and beauty treatments (dependent on resort)
- Lift pass, ski equipment hire and discounted lessons for beginners
- Smart uniform
- Holiday concessions for friends and family
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunity to work year-round
- Management development
About Mark Warner
Mark Warner specialise in superb activity holidays to top ski resorts in Europe and beautiful beach locations in the Mediterranean. Our holidays are perfect for everyone from families, singles or couples to groups of friends.
Who We Are
With 40 years’ experience we have grown into one of the most highly regarded independent travel companies in the UK. We have received numerous accolades and are very proud to have recently been voted ‘Best Family Tour Operator, Best Activity & Adventure Operator, Best All Inclusive Operator’ and to win silver for ‘Best Ski Operator’.
We continue to be market leaders for family holidays and each year employ over 1,500 staff to work in our overseas resorts. With 50,000 clients travelling with us across our summer and winter programmes we see an incredible 40% rebook future holidays. Much of our success is attributed to the high quality of our staff and their dedication to outstanding customer service.
Looking for a Career or just a one-off Season?
Providing both winter and summer holiday packages puts us in a unique position to offer plenty of opportunities for career progression. Whether you’re looking for a short-term challenge or career development, Mark Warner offers a rewarding adventure and fantastic opportunities whatever path you choose.