Our client is seeking an experienced Temporary Chef to assist with a well established, friendly lodge in the Channel Islands from April to September. This luxury lodge is only 9 miles from France, steeped in history and spectacular scenery. It is lined with dramatic cliffs and beautiful low-lying beaches with white sands.
For somewhere so small it has a great deal to offer, something quite unique with its quirky charm and character welcoming people with a laid back and carefree attitude that seems to have escaped most nowadays.
The team is a melting pot of individuals from islanders, ski and summer seasonnaires, from all corners of the UK (London, Manchester, Cornwall, Scotland), Australians, European but all with same passion for delivering a great service, taking great pride in what they do, and supporting each other.
Your career begins here, duties include:
- Keeping the kitchen accounts and admin in good order and maintaining the great supplier relations that have been built.
- Re-working the menus along with feedback and local produce available.
- Putting together function menus and planning outside catering events.
- Experience in a reputable restaurant or gastro pub is essential
- A keen ﬁnancial awareness, responsible for achieving the necessary margins and managing the kitchen accounts is a must.
- Able to keep a high standard of hygiene and organisation, is self-motivated and punctual.
- Experience in leading a successful kitchen team or section.
- Previous work on outside functions and catering is a bonus.
- Essential to be a great team player, maintain the good relations with our suppliers, and appreciate the needs & feedback of our customers.
- Food: available on duty
- Tips: are shared equally between the team and paid weekly
- Plus many more benefits.