We have a number of villa chef roles available for this summer based in our luxury villas in Gozo, Malta.
Our villa chefs are a hugely important part of the service that we offer and this is a fantastic opportunity to create and produce your own menus in your villa kitchen using the abundance of amazing fresh local produce that Gozo has to offer.
Most of our villa chefs will be working alongside a villa concierge depending on the size of the villa, this will enable you to provide the very best experience to all our guests from the very moment they arrive to the moment they leave.
Our team in resort are flexible and always willing to go the extra mile with a smile on their faces ensuring that our guests have a wonderful experience and use us again in the future. The villas we have in Malta are beautiful but it’s our team in resort that makes the difference to the guests stay.
During your free time you will be able to spend your time relaxing or exploring the local area. This really is the best time for you to experience all that Gozo and neighbouring Malta have to offer from its plentiful beaches, local culture, watersports and the local cuisine.
If you are looking for a new challenge that drives you to be your very best, enables you to develop and wow your guests with your outstanding cooking skills in a private dining environment whilst working alongside a fantastic team then this is the position for you.
Villa chef responsibilities
- Ensure that all of our guests receive the highest possible level of service
- Contact guests prior to arrival to discuss any dietary requirements and menu options
- Purchase all food and domestic shopping for your villa
- Design and plan your own menu using the fresh produce available on the island
- Maintain your weekly budget and ensure all accounts are submitted in an efficient and timely manner
- Provide continental breakfast along with a daily cooked option, lunch and four/five course evening meals 6 days a week
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Prepare children’s tea if and when required
- Assist in keeping your villa clean and tidy at all times and creating a warm, friendly environment
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene kitchen standards on a daily basis
- Stock control and management within your kitchen
- Exceed guest’s expectations on special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries etc
- Alongside the rest of the resort team take responsibility for the villa, this includes cleanliness, maintenance, communication and the overall guest service and experience
- Work closely with the other villa hosts and villa manager and be a proactive member of the team.
Abilities and Expectations
- Organised, pro-active and flexible
- Excellent time keeping skills and reliability
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Forward thinking
- Ability to remain calm, diplomatic and tactful under pressure
- Ability to plan, cook and produce meals to a very good standard
- Impeccable personal presentation
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification, cooking school certificate or extensive experience within a professional kitchen
- Available for the whole season – Middle of May until early November
- Work experience in Michelin starred establishments, functions, corporate hospitality, yachts, previous ski seasons and luxury travel companies is desirable
- Valid UK/EU passport
- National insurance number
- UK bank account
- Full UK/EU driving license
Package and benefits
- A competitive salary
- Live out accommodation with access to own pool
- Full insurance (covering you in and out of work)
- Return travel to and from the UK at the start and end of season
- All food on working days
- Comprehensive training course
- Access to water sports
- Access to local Kempinski hotel facilities
- Use of a resort vehicle on day off
- Career progression within our winter programme