Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a Hotel Host, you will provide an amazing hospitality service to all guests staying at our Neilson properties. You will also ensure that our high standards are always maintained. This role requires that you are a hard worker with a flexible outlook. You'll be willing to get your hands dirty and assist in all areas of the operation.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- Maintain a welcoming and comfortable environment in and around the hotel and to go above and beyond all guest expectations
- Assist the kitchen team wherever required in the preparation and service of a cooked/continental breakfast, daily afternoon tea and a three-course evening meal six days a week
- Clean and maintain the hotel in accordance with company standards and guidelines on a daily, weekly and seasonal basis.
- Deliver an efficient bar/table service to guests in a friendly and professional manner
- To provide an excellent service for meal times in buffet and A la Carte restaurant styles
- Ensure that the hotel environment is a safe and secure place in which to work/stay
- Ensure that all Company Health and Safety procedures are implemented and followed
- To act as a Neilson ambassador at all times, both in the hotel and around the resort and to provide information and assistance wherever necessary
- To carry out other duties that assist with the smooth running of the overseas operation as directed by your line manager in the resort, such as assisting with luggage, assisting with ski fit and clearing snow
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Previous customer service and hospitality experience (Preferably in a hotel environment)
- Numerical Aptitude
- Experience of work overseas (desirable)
- Skiing or Snowboarding experience (desirable)
- Educated to at least GCSE standard or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work well under own initiative and to follow written and verbal instructions
- Excellent appearance and personal grooming
- Attentive, outgoing, friendly and happy nature
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated