Job Title: Yacht Manager
Department: Yacht Team
Reports to: Yacht Operations Manager
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
The Neilson Yacht program is a perfect reflection of our shore-based holidays that allow our guests to indulge in a unique holiday experience. The Yacht Manager is there to make the transition from land to sea as smooth as possible.
This will involve running all yacht training, flotilla management and looking after yacht excursions. The most important part of this role is to make sure that all yacht staff are well managed and able to provide the best possible service at all times.
You'll oversee all yacht training and flotillas and liaise with the hotel in running yacht excursions for hotel guests. You'll Manage yacht staff to provide the best possible service to our guests at all times and ensure that all transfer days run as smoothly as possible in relation to the yacht programme.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- As the anchor of the team, you will be supporting the lead crews and instructors to ensure that your guests receive the very best sailing holiday
- Your love for sailing will allow you to build excellent rapport with your guests and even encourage new sailors to give it a go with our day sails and learn-to-sail courses
- It’s a big operation, turning the flotillas around, week in, week out. You will need to utilise all of your experience and management skills to make sure everything from the cleanliness of the yachts to meeting all guest special requests
- A qualified RYA Offshore Yachtmaster, you will have the confidence to implement and run a successful yacht program with a professional, personable approach
- You will fully supervise all staff during the pre-season fit-out, throughout the summer and during the end of season lay-up
- Field all staff & guest yacht questions
- Ensure the smooth running of the yacht programme at the centre and to communicate effectively with all relevant departments
- Be flexible in your working day and willing to work long hours
- To gain full knowledge of the Neilson product
- Ability to devise, develop & run training sessions for yacht staff
- To have a solid understanding of the RYA syllabus relating to the yacht training programmes and the ability to ensure that these are being executed to the highest professional standard
- The ability to quickly gain knowledge of the flotilla routes in the local area and advise flotilla crews as & when necessary
- The ability to step in and assist with all job roles involved with the yacht department wherever necessary.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Qualified up to RYA Yacht Master and Cruising Instructor level
- Have previous experience of working on flotilla & ideally teaching to an RYA syllabus
- Have previous experience of managing a team
- Have a high level of customer service experience
- Have a good understanding of Microsoft office packages
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with both staff & guests in person, over the phone and by e-mail
- A mature approach
- Able to work on their own & in a team
- Clean, tidy & professional appearance at all times