This job expired on 08/02/2013
Browse Ski jobs by Region
Browse Ski jobs by Sector
Job posted by Afloat in France by Orient-Express
Job DescriptionChef - Luxury Barge in South of France
Orient-Express is a luxury hotel and sophisticated adventure travel company which seeks to deliver memorable experiences that are the ultimate expression of each destinations authentic culture. Afloat in France, part of Orient-Express, is our luxury fleet of barges renowned for being among the finest craft plying the European waterways. These exceptional peniche-hotels take guests from great cities to remote landscapes of forests, fields and hidden villages whilst exploring beautiful canals and rivers in France.
The successful candidate will live and work onboard one of our lavish barges, providing an exceptional culinary experience to our guests for the 2013 season. This will include:
- Providing a delightful, memorable experience for our guests through the preparation and serving of a varied and inspiring weekly menu of buffet lunches and four course dinners; each beautifully presented and of outstanding quality.
- Preparing a cooked breakfast, if required.
- Interacting and communicating regularly with guests to discuss and present menus, to be aware of dietary requirements, and to cater for special requests.
- Ensuring the food budget is well managed.
- Participating in weekly shopping trips to purchase all fresh produce.
- Maintaining the highest levels of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the kitchen both during and after service.
- Preparing crew meals at regular and timely intervals.
The successful candidate will be working independently within a small onboard team and will need to be a confident and motivated individual. As such, they must be able to demonstrate passion and success in delivering exemplary customer service in the luxury sector. The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience of working successfully in fine dining establishments in the luxury sector,
- Have previous experience of planning and costing menus effectively.
- Possess recognised food hygiene and safety certificates.
- Be able to work independently in a stand-alone role as well as having the flexibility to operate as a team member in a restricted environment.
- Be able to demonstrate their successes in achieving the highest guest service standards.
- Have an engaging personality to connect with our guests.
- Demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm and passion for food and a desire to share this with guests.
This position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to travel and work in a beautiful region of France. You will be supported by a friendly, hard working crew in what will undoubtedly be a unique adventure. A competitive salary is offered with excellent benefits including accommodation, meals, uniform and flights to/from France at the start/end of the season.
This is a seasonal role starting in March 2013 and completing in October 2013. Please send your applications to (email address removed) . Interviews will take place in London.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only contact applicants if we wish to pursue their application further.
N.B. All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the European Union. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Keywords: France, Chef, Barge, Burgundy, Cruise, Luxury Travel, Hospitality, Summer Job, Seasonal, Food and Beverage, adventure, personal chef,