Host / Hostess
This job expired on 08/02/2013
Browse Ski jobs by Region
Browse Ski jobs by Sector
Job posted by Afloat in France by Orient-Express
Job DescriptionHost / Hostess - Luxury Barge in the South of France
Orient-Express is a luxury hotel and sophisticated adventure travel company which seeks to deliver memorable experiences that are the ultimate expression of each destinations authentic culture. Afloat in France, part of Orient-Express, is our luxury fleet of barges renowned for being among the finest craft plying the European waterways. These exceptional peniche-hotels take guests from great cities to remote landscapes of forests, fields and hidden villages whilst exploring beautiful canals and rivers in France.
The successful candidate will live and work onboard one of our lavish barges, providing an exquisite host service to our guests for the 2013 season. This will include:
- Providing a delightful, memorable experience for our guests through establishing and maintaining excellent client relations,
- Service of all meals on-board including breakfast, buffet style lunch, four course candlelit dinner and ad-hoc requests. You will also present any cheeses and wines to be served.
- Cleaning and preparation of cabins to the highest standard expected of Orient-Express guests,
- Maintaining communal areas such as sitting rooms, lounges, corridors, pool side and decks to the highest standard,
- Performing bar and washing up duties as per rota, and laundry duties as required.
The successful candidate will be working within a small team and will need to be a confident and motivated host/hostess. As such, they must be able to demonstrate passion and success in delivering exemplary customer service in the luxury sector. The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience of working as a host/hostess or solid hospitality experience in the luxury sector
- Ideally have a higher education qualification in a hospitality discipline or similar experience.
- Be able to demonstrate their successes in achieving the highest guest service standards.
- Have an engaging personality to connect with our guests and ability to work as part of a small team in a restricted environment.
- Enjoy physical work.
- Be well presented and have a high standard of personal grooming.
This position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to travel and work in a beautiful region of France. You will be supported by a friendly, hard working crew in what will undoubtedly be a unique adventure. A competitive salary is offered with excellent benefits including accommodation, meals, uniform and flights to/from France at the start/end of the season. T
his is a seasonal role starting in March 2013 and completing in October 2013. Please send your applications to (email address removed)
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only contact applicants if we wish to pursue their application further.
N.B. All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the European Union. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Keywords: France, Host, Hostess, barge, burgundy, Cruise, Luxury Travel, Hospitality, Summer Job, Seasonal, Waiter, Waitress, Housekeeper, Food and Beverage,