Ski Amis is an award winning family run business which has been operating in the French Alps since 1989. We have grown a lot during this time, which means each year our team of staff gets a little bigger but we still try to maintain the family feeling and to do our best to make sure everyone has a great time during their season with us. We now have 19 catered chalets in La Plagne, Les Arcs, La Tania and Les Menuires, a team of about 50 people in resort and an office team of 9 people in the winter based in Maidstone, Kent in the UK.
Out in resort, we provide a high quality service to our guests and we also care about our staff - we expect a high level of service and commitment from you but in return we also do our very best to makes sure you can enjoy your season with us and get plenty of free ski time – after all, that’s the main motivation for anyone who wants to do a season and we’ve heard too many stories of all work and no play with some of our competitors! Nobody is pretending it will be easy – but our ethos is always YOU do your job in the professional way we train you, give a great service to our guests to make our business successful (and get lots of tips in the process!) and WE will make sure you have the environment you need to get lots of piste time and the support for a great season.
Our team is selected on their personalities and dedication to quality – if you’re just looking to ski and party for the season and do the minimum you need to get by, then go and look elsewhere. On the other hand, if you want to get some great job satisfaction, happy guests (and therefore good tips!), good staff accommodation and a great crowd to work with as well as getting the support of an experienced management team to help you through the hard times and plenty of free skiing time almost every day, then you’ve come to the right place.
We provide you with decent chalets and living accommodation and the tools and equipment you need to make your work as easy as possible in the kitchens and elsewhere. All menus and recipes are provided centrally and you will be given extensive paid training to ensure you can deliver the service to the guests at the right level but still get your own ski time. Just follow the routines and the guidelines we give you, and life should be simple! Because of our training plan, you don’t need to have any previous experience of running a chalet – we will teach you all you need to know as long on a technical level as long as you have the right attitude and work ethic.
In our UK office, we provide a high level of service to our clients throughout the booking process right up until they depart. We also expect a high level of customer service and commitment from our office team to ensure that every guest receives the pre-holiday service that they need, and each holiday is packaged to fit the individual client’s requirements.
UK Office Based Positions
For our UK office you must:
• Be a skier or snowboarder yourself to understand what a client needs on their holiday - ideally, you will have taken catered chalet holidays yourself. • The perfect candidate would be a person who had previously worked a season in resort but as long as you know what skiing is about then that’s enough – as again we train you on the rest.
• Be organised, efficient and motivated as well as having good computer skills and an eye for detail
• Have a great telephone manner and a chatty personality – no sales experience is necessary, it’s the personality and confidence that counts
• Have excellent writing skills and be able to write persuasive and informative replies to enquiries with correct grammar, spelling and punctuation!
Resort Based Positions
All resort based employees MUST fulfil the following basic requirements:
• Must be over 21 years of age (for vehicle insurance purposes)
• Must have held a driving license for at least 2 years – no more than 3 penalty points are acceptable (no matter the reason for the points) and we are particularly interested in people with a category D coach licence, category C truck licence, driver CPC, RoSPA Advanced Driving certificate or more than 2 years of professional driving experience (which can be any type of vehicle) which your previous employers will confirm in writing
• All staff who are designated as drivers must undertake a medical examination in France and will be given a French professional driver’s licence at our cost. Any pre-existing medical conditions which might affect this medical examination must be declared to us on your application and this may affect our ability to employ you
• Must have an EXISTING UK national insurance number – temporary numbers or numbers being applied for cannot be accepted as you must already
• have an employment record in the UK and have paid UK tax and national insurance
• Must have a UK residential address and bank account
• For couple roles, established couples who have already lived together for a period of time
• Must be fully available to work the full season from and to the dates shown on the job description
Applications which do not fulfil the above minimum criteria will automatically be excluded without response. If we have stated a “sex” requirement on one of our adverts this is due to accommodation and sleeping arrangements to fit with existing staff and not because we have any specific preference one way or the other!
All resort based positions offer the following benefits:
• Competitive basic salary paid in the UK in sterling based on at least the national living wage rates
• End of season bonus based on performance
• All expenses paid accommodation in a shared room or external studio
• Travel to and from resort at the start and end of the contract
• Work uniform
• Flexible options for client standard in chalet food, seasonal staff ski passes, equipment rental and maintenance, medical and personal possessions
• Pro-rata paid holiday based on 20 days per annum
• Pension scheme (for those who qualify)
• Fully paid training
For UK office based positions, the conditions are more according to the job and your experience but will include a basic salary plus commission and incentive schemes.
Applications are made via our online application system only:
UK Office Jobs: http://www.formdesk.com/skiamisltd/OfficeJobApplication
Our application form is detailed and asks a lot of information from you which allows us to assess whether you will fit with our requirements – be prepared to spend some time completing your application – we will ask you to upload a CV, a recent photograph and a menu plan for resort jobs. The system allows you to come back to the form as often as you like – so you don’t have to do it all in one go – you will be sent a password which allows you to save your entries and come back later. Bear in mind, however, that partially completed applications will only be held for a period of a week and if they are not completed and submitted in this time, data will then be deleted.
Interviews are held in our UK Head Office which is in Maidstone, Kent throughout the summer from May onwards and offers are made ONLY on the basis of a face-to-face interview. We do not offer employment based on telephone or Skype interviews under any circumstances. Because of our stringent application process, if you do reach the stage of being invited to an interview you stand a good chance as we have been able to filter out most of the unsuitable candidates in advance to avoid wasting your time (and ours!) at interview.
We have the following resort based positions available each year from November to April:
• Chalet Relief Couple
• Resort Managers (vacancies filled for 2016/2017 – standby applications only)
• Chalet Supervisor
• Chalet Couples
• Chalet Hosts
• Chalet Chef (vacancy filled for 2016/2017 – standby applications only)
• Driver/Maintenance Staff (vacancies filled for 2016/2017 – standby applications only)
and for the following seasonal vacancies in our UK head office from October to March:
• Seasonal Sales Coordinators
View all opportunities with Ski Amis below:
Are you an established couple looking to spend a winter working together in the Alps? Previous experience preferred but not essential – as we train you for all you need to know to do the job - you just need to have a great personality, plenty to talk about and a commitment to deliver fantastic c...Resort Administrator
Are you looking to spend a winter working in the Alps but don’t want to work in a chalet? Working for us in our resort office will give you the chance to learn some new skills at the same time as “doing a season” – you’ll be in integral part of our support team in the Alps with responsibility fo...Resort Manager
Are you looking to spend a winter working in the Alps? You’ll need proven supervisory experience, good people management and team building skills. You’ll also need to have a great personality, have plenty to talk about and a commitment to deliver fantastic customer service to our guests. Ski Am...Maintenance Person/Driver
Are you looking to spend a winter working in the Alps? You’ll need some great skills at any sort of technical trade – not necessarily to a professional level, but somebody able to turn their hand to most things. You’ll also need to have a great personality, have plenty to talk about and a commi...Chalet Chef/Cook
Are you an experienced cook (not necessarily professionally qualified) looking to spend a winter in the Alps? If you can cook, then we will train you for all you need to know to be a chalet chef - you just need to have a great personality, plenty to talk about and a commitment to deliver fantas...Chalet Couple
Are you an established couple looking to spend a winter working together in the Alps? No experience necessary – as we train you for all you need to know to do the job - you just need to have a great personality, plenty to talk about and a commitment to deliver fantastic customer service to our ...Ski Industry Management Trainees and Apprentices
Ski Amis is an award winning catered chalet company with 20 chalets in the top French resorts of the Three Valleys and Paradiski. We also offer a wide range of self-catered apartments and chalets, along with an airport transfer service and provision of all the additional services required on a s...